Appointments at FCC
Appointments at FCC
- Javier Ribas appointed Independent Director of FCC.
- Former Austrian Chancellor Alfred Gusenbauer joins ALPINE Board of Directors.
At a meeting today in Madrid, the Board of Directors of FCC made the following appointments:
- New independent director of FCC: Javier Ribas.
- Appointments to the Board of Directors of ALPINE: Alfred Gusenbauer, Alicia Alcocer and José Manuel Burgos.
- Appointments to the Board of Directors of WRG: Concha Sierra, Jaime de Marichalar, José Manuel Burgos and Jaime Zurita.
- EAC Inversiones Corporativas, represented by Alicia Alcocer, and Rafael Montes were re-appointed to the various Board Committees.
- EAC Inversiones Corporativas, represented by Alicia Alcocer, and Dominum Dirección y Gestión, represented by Carmen Alcocer Koplowitz, were appointed to the Strategy Committee.
- By agreement with Caja Madrid, it was proposed to appoint Juan Béjar as Executive Chairman of Global Vía Infraestructuras and as Member of FCC's Management Committee, reporting directly to its Chairman, Baldomero Falcones, and to Caja Madrid.
- Head of Information Systems and Technology for the FCC Group: Francisco Javier López Costa.
CV of José Ribas
The newly-appointed independent director of FCC holds a PhD in Industrial Engineering, a degree in Economics and a Diploma in Operational Research from the French Petroleum Institute (Paris).
He has held the following positions, among others:
1974. Engineer at Compagnie Française des Pétroles.
1975. Head of Studies at ESSO France.
1977. Head of the Industrial Sector for Liga Financiera. Madrid.
1980. Deputy General Manager of Electronic Data Systems (EDS). Spain.
1995. Current positions: Executive Vice-President of Electronic Data Systems (EDS)-Spain.
He has served as a director at TELSON (Televisión y Sonido, S.A. 1975-1980) and Hidrocantábrico, S.A. (1980-1994).
He is currently a member of the Boards of Directors of SA DAMM (since 1994), INFORSISTEM, S.A. (since 2008) and HEWLETT-PACKARD/EDS (Advisory Board since 2009).
CV of Alfred Gusenbauer
Dr. Alfred Gusenbauer studied law, political science, philosophy and economics at the university of Vienna. He obtained a PhD in Political Science.
He was Federal Chancellor of Austria between 11 January 2007 and 2 December 2008. Also, he was President of the Austrian Social-Democratic Party (SPÖ) from 2000 to 2008, a member of the Austrian Parliament from 1991 to 2007, and member of the Assembly of the Council of Europe between 1991 and 2007, and he chaired a number of committees in those institutions.
He is currently Vice-President of both the Socialist Party of Europe (PES) and the Socialist International (SI).
After leaving politics, he founded his own consulting company, which advises corporations on business in Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
He is a professor at Brown University and Columbia University. He was awarded an honorary doctorate by the University of Herzliya in Israel.
CV of Francisco Javier López Costa
Javier López Costa (49) is a Civil Engineer and holds an MBA from IESE-IEEM; he has extensive professional experience (Arthur Andersen, Unión Fenosa, etc.) in business process re-engineering, redesign and optimisation, among other activities.